Waiting for Superman
What happens when a CIO, a Service Desk Manager and an Industry Junkie Chat Weekly?!
Sponsor: Consulting Portal
Guest: Dennis Ravenelle - Havard University - 5 years ITSMF Board Membe
Episode 47 Topics:
**News Gator: Updates from Tech**
**CIO Headlines Market News, Business Report, SIM**
- Mobile adoption rate and the battle begins - well almost Verizon release date slips
- Quote from eWeek "Verizon as aimed at Android, it's important to note that Verizon's iPhone 4 will be on 3G, not Verizon's speedy new 4G LTE network that company executives spent most of their time talking about at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show. Once word gets out how fast the data flows on 4G LTE Android devices from Verizon, AT&T and others, Android's uptake could continue to rise."
- Workforce collaboration - New breed of co-opetition. IT Execs sharing jobs on SIM Members in Transition. BullHorn ( www.bullhorn.com ) , where staffing firms can join up to fill positions and share profit. (www.powerfill.com)
**Practitioner, Service Desk**
- Chris predicted the Mac App store and when is it coming to enterprise (oh it's already here if you use macs or BYOPC) How long until Oracle gets an app on there?
- Working with a client this week, and I have to say, it's all about culture. There is a culture of change, and a sense of common goals. This makes projects and improvements like butter.
- Plain text passwords. I signed up for a service this week and their site didn't obscure the password I was creating - #SCARYASSHIT
**Social Media, Tools and Vendors**
- Quora the rise of People Rank
- Beetil Software out of New Zealand
- Analyst are the CYA for the CXO team.
- City of Miami…NO! City of NEW YORK! Yes the crowd sourced Help Desk is real
- Get Satisfaction and Zendesk
The Five Food Groups
Service Transition, improvement, Strategy, Operation and Design
- Harvard University
- The Winklevoss Twins
- itSMF History
- The Taylor Principle
- maslow's hierarchy of needs (and twitter?)
- Is there an exact order in which you should look at ITIL processes?
- Where did Yale, UC Santa Cruz and Yale start their ITIL Journeys?
- ITIL lite -Malcom Fry
- IT Skeptic Review on ITIL Lite
- Process to develop processes
- Do ITIL consultants start where they are comfortable and NOT where the pain actually is?
- Redheaded Dancing Fool
- Do Nobel Laureates get better service from the Service Desk?
- Waiting for Superman
- CMMMI Levels
- Level expectations for Organizations for maturity
- Days of Heroism
- David Cannon Cancels on New England ITSMF - LIG
- Karen Ferris
- Mauricio Corona
- Sharon Taylor on Twitter
- Asia ITSM Weekly
- International Editoral Advisor
- IEC Force
- At your Service Magazine
- Contact Dennis Ravenelle if you are interested in writing for itSMF International Service Talk Magazine!