Seriously, it takes two...BRM and SLM
What happens when an Analyst, a ITSM Guru and a Service Desk Monkey chat.....well, when they feel like it.....
- Pat Bolger and Barlcay Rae are at the Service Level Management Special Interest Group
- Pat also involved in the Service Transition SIG
- SIG is about getting practitioner feedback
- A major topic was the relationship between Business Relationship Management and SLM
News of the Week
- Chris Matchett has joined the SIG committee
- Chris is quite scary when he’s serious
- Maybe he’ll soon be joining the coalition government
- Pat and Barclay not at Fusion 11
- Super Happy Party People
- Award for the first hangover tweet?
- Malcolm Fry speaking at the Hornbill User Group
- ITSMTV Soapbox – Malcolm rants about ‘is there an app for that’ and ‘Cloud’
- Talk about ITIL 2011 – Bigger, but better
- Pat’s article for Support World
This week’s guests
- Andy Gidetts, Head of Customer Service at Star Technology
- Ben Wilson, Service Manager at Freedom Communications
- What do you expect to get from the SIG? To meet like minded people
- Common challenges faced – moving to ITIL and ISO 20000
- Business Relationship Management is a key focus
- Many new business tenders stipulate that the service desk should use ITIL v3 or ISO 20000 that can be audited
- No-one has implemented all of ITIL
- Brett Andrews – IT Service Improvement Programme Manager at Bournemouth University
- Justin Stevens – Head of service performance at Lloyds Banking Group
- What’s changed since the last time you attended?
- SLM SIG is an example of how to lead a good SIG
- Brett contributed to SLM Practitioner Guide
- What is a bigger challenge, working with a large or a small organisation? - They’re just different
- Shelfware is common in Education sector
- Bigger expectation from directors to follow industry standards
- Communication is key to making BRM work
- Conflict common when metrics aren’t successfully defined
- Do you need to combine BRM and SLM roles in smaller organisations?
- What do Justin and Brett want to see from the ITSM industry?
Yet more guests!
- Karen Brusch – Chair, Service Level Management SIG
- John Moore – Vice Chair, Service Level Management SIG
- Every man must have his vice
- What value has today’s event created?
- Ironing out the pitfalls of implementing BRM and SLM
- Say hello to Tadpole John
- Consider a project plan to ensure that services and roles are defined within a project
- Karen Brusch presentation on BRM
- Breakout topics available on itSMF forum
- What is the plan for the SLM SIG going forward?
- SLM Practitioner Guide is second most popular itSMF book, after ITIL Foundations Guide
- Has ITIL 2011 helped with Service Level Management?
- Steven and James have escaped their gimp suits
- We’ve missed the news poodles
- Bring on the news noodles
Next week – ITSMWPROW Episode 21
Show notes Episode 21 – October 2011