HER-story, The Sharon Taylor interview in 3-D
What happens when a CIO, a Service Desk Manager and an Industry Junkie Chat Weekly?!
Sponsor: Consulting Portal
Guest: Sharon Taylor
President of Aspect Group Inc a Canadian company at the forefront of ITSM. Sharon is the Chief Architect of ITIL V3 and the Chief Examiner of ITIL qualifications. She is the author of numerous business and IT books on the topic of Service Management and is regarded as an industry expert.”
Episode 50 Topics:
**News Gator: Updates from Tech**
**CIO Headlines Market News, Business Report, SIM**
- Mobile adoption rate and the battle begins - well almost Verizon release date slips
- Quote from eWeek "Verizon as aimed at Android, it's important to note that Verizon's iPhone 4 will be on 3G, not Verizon's speedy new 4G LTE network that company executives spent most of their time talking about at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show. Once word gets out how fast the data flows on 4G LTE Android devices from Verizon, AT&T and others, Android's uptake could continue to rise."
- What is CDMA
- Shane O’Neil head in the clouds
- Cloud computing in the 80’s
- Workforce collaboration - New breed of co-operation. IT Execs sharing jobs on SIM Members in Transition. BullHorn ( www.bullhorn.com ) , where staffing firms can join up to fill positions and share profit. (www.powerfill.com)
**Practitioner, Service Desk**
- Bias in the ITSM industry on Consultants (Episode 47)
- Pink Elephant Practitioner Radio Podcast, with Troy DuMoulin
- Beran’s run in with Rosetta Stone SupportHDI Connect Web Site (New Analyst article)
- Roy Atkinson
- John Custy
**Social Media, Tools and Vendors**
- Service-Now Winter Release
- No Forrester wave ITIL collateral damage. Forrester canceled its ITSM Wave bc "much of the <tool> functionality is the same" Don't blame @ehubbert
- Tibbr the vision for a social enterprise
- Michael Krigsman
- Pink Elephant 2011 Conference
- Hornbill Software Social Software
- Podcast is one year old!
Series: The Five Food Groups , ITILService Transition, improvement, Strategy, Operation and Design
- Who is Sharon Taylor?
- IT Needs Rock Stars
- ITIL refresh the rock stars it created
- With great power comes great responsibility
- “Experts” in the industry are the ones with the BIGGEST problem
- ITIL v3 turned an industry of experts into non-experts overnight
- ITIL MOVED FORWARD with v3
- “At Your Service” itSMF magazine, on ITIL number scheme (PDF Link see “Asking the Hard Questions” article)
- Governments can be poor communicators
- The development process of ITIL is a book in itself
- Service Strategy popular!
- Angioplasty doesn’t have version number
- itSMF USA and higher education
- Evangelist and Zealots
- Our Industry is the culprit for OVER HYPING the changes in ITIL
- Is there a future with an ITIL Wiki?
- ITIL needs to exist in different mediums for DIFFERENT audiences
- Wiki’s and caution for bad information
- Fear of business understand in Service Strategy playing a role
- We are hung up on having EVERYTHING wrapped around the a process
- ITIL v3 certificates FUD
- Gods watching
- LITERAL INTERPRETATION IS KILLING THINGS!
- ITIL doesn’t suck, the advice you got sucked.
- Female vs Male consultants
- Sharon Taylor’s interview for ITIL v3 chief Architect
- Who does Sharon Taylor work for?
- Advice to young women in IT and executives!
- Where is the “People” focus in ITIL?
- Drop the IT from ITIL? Yes it was talked about
- There are other bodies of knowledge that deal with organization culture
- Ian Clayton
- ITSM Tool Commoditization?
- IT and Collaboration?