Friday, March 4, 2011 at 1:21PM
Earthquakes, Clouds and Connections!
What happens when the bottom of the world chat about IT Service Management.
Episode 1 Topics:
- Simone Moore - from the army to pay TV and now HDAA. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Friar - no grey hairs despite 24+ years in I.T. and now finding himself! email@example.com
- Tristan Boot – calling from Christchurch, NZ – the day following the 6.3 magnitude earthquake – shaken but ready to discuss DR and ITSCM on later podcasts. firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT survives disasters and social media comes into its own. http://christchurch-2011.person-finder.appspot.com/
- Karen Ferris – happy to be a true blue Aussie. Karen.email@example.com
- How we got here and why? Thanks to Mr. Chris Dancy.
- Call for ideas for topics and guests. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The hosts reflect on 2010.
- Social media. Twitter is a like drinking from a fire hydrant! LinkedIn outage goes unnoticed by the team.
- Does Virgin Australia have a blame culture?
- Using social media for IT support.
- Facebook - personal or professional?
- Our children’s future – do we know what that is? http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html
- Cloud is outsourcing with a flavour of risk? Is it a nebulous concept?
- itSMF USA Conference – where the twitterati meet!
- itSMF New Zealand Conference – small but passionate.
- itSMF Australia Conference – WA here we come.
- Organisational change involves people and that is why it is hard. They squeal too!
- Yogi Bear is really the IT Skeptic (or is it vice versa).
- Free ITIL. Free ITIL. Free ITIL.
- What’s in store for 2011?
- ITIL qualifications versus credentials.
- The ITSMAP team to podcast from the itSMF NZ Conference in Wellington.
- Schools need to better IT education.
- BOOBY OF THE MONTH: Expedia.com for advertising vacations in Christchurch with pictures of the cathedral before the earthquake posted after the earthquake had occurred.
- Conference Details: