Can you hear me now? The future of the Service Desk.
What happens when a CIO, a Service Desk Manager and an Industry Junkie Chat Weekly?!
Episode 63 Topics:
Travel to the future, The Service Desk of the future.
**News Gator: Updates from Tech**
**CIO Headlines Market News, Business Report, SIM**
- iCloud and the Enterprise
- Data Centers and Carbon footprints
- CIO Joe’s Show
- CIO’s and Golf
- Gripe of the week: Why you no put date on doc? No datey, no docy... for real. When you write a doc or an KB article, or procedure, put a stinking date on it. Please! Things change quickly, and information is only relevant at a point in time, so date it dummy.
**Practitioner, Service Desk**
- IT Skeptic – Automation?
- What does the word Escalation Mean To Your Service Desk?
- Escalations in the United States
- HDI Newsletter and Windows 7
**Social Media, Tools and Vendors**
- Help Desk Managers Crash Course
- ITSM Rest of the World Podcast
- Do you respect or fear Rob England?
- Who’s afraid of the word Help Desk?
- When did ITIL become mainstream in the UK?
- Help Desk is reactive, the Service Desk is proactive
- Precognitive Help Desk Management 2014
- What types of things do you see trending around support in three years
- Metrics are meaningless
- Measure what you can correlate to the business itself
- Why have help desk metrics not evolved or changed in 15 years?
- Podcast Series on the Five Books of ITIL by Consulting Portal
- Service Experience Mapping
- Actionable metrics is a buzzword bingo
- Internal or External support
- Hornbill Software
- Jeff Brooks, award winning practitioner and writer!
- HDI Awards
- Where is the internal support for “tech” companies…it’s doesn’t exists!!
- THE IT PARADOX: We will employees cars, but we won’t allow them admin writes to their own machine.
- Video for Knowledge Management
- National Health Services
- Networked Help Desk Collation
- What happened to SPACL? The Service Catalog collation
- CMDBf Collation?
- Connect with Jeff Brooks, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook
- Bring your own device to work
- BYOD: Bring your own device or Bypass your Operations Department
- Amazon.com The Help Desk Managers Crash Course
- SDI11 Show
- Thanks to Hooper and Beran