Ninja's have feelings too
What happens when the bottom of the world chat about IT Service Management.
Episode 4 Topics:
- Andrew wonders what people are doing ITIL to!
- Sony still struggling to move on past being a booby of the month.
- Tristan is looking forward to the business service catalogue workshop on the first morning of the NZ conference.
- Simone involved with the review of itSMF publication on tool selection.
- Karen presenting at Green IT Week 2011 on 3 June, CitySwitch on 17 June and delivering a Thought Rock webinar on 15 June
- Qualifications and Credentials - Special Guest – Peter Doherty
- Peter is the ITIL Ninja.
- Peter presenting on the “Art of War and the ITIL Ninja” at the NZ Conference.
- The Ninja is the Board Member for itSMFA with the portfolio of Qualifications and Certifications.
- Expert is someone who has made all the mistakes that can be possible made. This does go anywhere near the definition of ITIL V3 Expert!
- priSM (Professional Recognition for IT Service Management) demonstrates your ongoing education and practical application in service management. Qualifications versus credentials.
- CIO says “priSM – this is what I want”
- The priSM-like credentials are not new for industries like accounting, legal, engineering etc. so ITSM (a young industry) needs to learn from those experiences.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) - a great network for coaching and mentoring and a source of collaboration and learning.
- Check out itSMF AU and NZ for upcoming SIGs and LIGs.
- The team let loose on V3 Certifications! Confusing, cumbersome and costly? Peter’s description – “terrible!”
Booby(s) of the Month:
- NZ Inland Revenue Department canned a $21 million IT project and no one is taking the blame.
- Australian Tax Office bungle makes computer font too small.
Suggestions for guests and podcast content to firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Ferris email@example.com
Simone Moore firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Friar email@example.com
Tristan Boot firstname.lastname@example.org