Ambient Service Management
What happens when a CIO, a Service Desk Manager and an Industry Junkie Chat Weekly?!
Guest: Charles T. Betz
Episode 66 Topics:
Travel to the future, The Service Desk of the future.
**News Gator: Updates from Tech**
**CIO Headlines Market News, Business Report, SIM**
- LulzSec, is vulnerability exposing a crime?
- Sneakers, The Movie
- Batman’s Joker
- Dance With the Devil
- White hat hacker protocols
- TIP OF THE WEEK: Using Dropbox for policy automation. Created access account on all my servers with dropbox accounts that have the following folders:
- \Change management - Where a simple log is kept of changes
- \Config Management - where documentation is kept and updated
- \Release Management - where builds and releases are placed for ea. environment
- ITIL Expert Pin
- Hornbill Software
- GRIPE OF THE WEEK: Forums support from vendors... YOU STILL NEED TO DO IT, not everyone is going use TWITTER & u don't want it.
- What is up with companies totally abandoning the tech forums. Crowdsource forums are putting vendor forums to shame, and that is unacceptable.
**Practitioner, Service Desk**
- Axios Systems Assyst Purchase by Hitwise
- Updates to Hornbill, Cherwell Software and ServiceNow
- Chris thinks ServiceNow is being acquired in the soon
- HDI or itSMF News? Not.
- Twelve Steps to ITSM memberships
- GRIPE OF THE WEEK: We make light of the old dudes in our industry, but really, that networking is huge, knowing those dudes really give me a great perspectives, great conversations, and TONS of experience.
- John Custy, Bromancing the Wang
**Social Media, Tools and Vendors**
- New Google Site, WHAT DO YOU LOVE!
- Google Plus
- Gartner Whitepaper on “Just in time service desk”
- Evan Hamilton Community Manager
- UserVoice help desk meets feedback
- GRIPE OF THE WEEK: How many Industry Analysts do we need? Analysts are REAL people see Gartners latest!
- Industry Analyst of the Future?
- The brilliant blog of Charles Betz
- Industry Influencer Blog
- The Rise of Generalist Influencers
- Peter Kretzman Podcast
- Filter Bubble by Eli Pariser
- Multiple Avatar Disorder comes to the filter bubble
- Robert Stroud and Charles at ISACA World Congress
- COBIT Exposure Release
- Glenn O’Donnell Tweets on the “COMPETITION”
- Dunar’s Number or Fracture of network?
- Correlation over Filtration
- Why are people in IT, reckless with data?
- Hello, we are INFORMATION professionals, WHY CANT we even MANAGE email?
- Email Charter
- Don’t be a Jerk on Twitter
- Meta-structures of etiquette
- Evolution of Sharing
- Misdirection as a sharing POV
- Pulse of the Industry
- Text AnalyticsIBM Watson and Text Analytics (GET SCARED AND WATCH THIS)Dystopian POV
- Knowledge11 Conference
- Cocktail Party Problem
- The Star Trek Bridge Computer and your IT Systems
- Barclay Rae and Star Trek
- Newsle – News about the People You Know
- Enterprise Intuition
- Ambient Service Management
- Everyone is the minority Report
- Keith Urban and Osama Bin Laden
- Osama Bin Laden REAL tipster (there hooper who’s the EXPERT)
- How do you work and walk? The treadmill desk
- How fast can you create documents (I mean RUNNING while you type)
- Hooper at his exercise class
- When IT Fails the Book and Movement, Gene Kim, George Spafford & Kevin Behr
- Charles Betz The Blog
- Email Charles
- EMA Site
- Charles on Twitter