Deer in the Headlights ITSM 2012
What happens when a CIO, a Service Desk Manager and an Industry Junkie Chat Weekly?!
Episode 67 Topics:
Travel to the future, The Service Desk of the future.
**News Gator: Updates from Tech**
**CIO Headlines Market News, Business Report, SIM**
- CIO’s losing control,
- Book: Real Business of IT: How CIO’s Create and Communicate Value
- SIM to help Hooper! Community in Action
- Two Filipinas among 2011’s Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Awardees in the US
- GRIPE OF THE WEEK: Why can’t people just have a decent decline. Why can’t we say no?
**Practitioner, Service Desk**
- How to become the NEW business Analyst needed in IT – Soup Kitchen IT
- HDI sponsors Ken Gonzales and Ian Clay’s SERVICE CAMP!
- itSMF Fusion 11
**Social Media, Tools and Vendors**
- Google Plus Circles
- Spotify –US Arrival
- GRIPE OF THE WEEK: Just unfollowed a help desk community manager. It hurt. I like the product but he's destroying that brand. #ITSM
GUEST: John Rakowski, Forrester Research
- John Rakowski, Forrester Analyst and Advisor
- Stephen Mann
- Customer Focused vs. Customer Obsessed
- SMAK your life
- IT is the business; the alignment is no longer needed.
- Would an analyst say? “There is NO future for IT”
- IT is RISK, COST CONTROL, SPEED TO MARKET, and INNOVATION
- Do the requirements need to change when we are looking to hire new IT support roles?
- What happens when your users start to believe they KNOW more than the service department?
- Tech Savvy vs. Customer Savvy
- Are your business skills today relevant in the next 24-48 months?
- Is academia preparing students for business risk as well as technology?
- Can we as IT pro’s survive another dot.com boom and bust
- The CIO will have the opportunity to step up again to innovate
- Follow Up with John at Forrester (@momskij)
- Forrester Research ROCKs and SUPPORTS community Radio!
- Stephen Mann is the MANN!