Guest: Rob England
Month in review
Tristan, Andrew and Karen discuss the past months highlights and lowlights. A hectic start to 2012 and business is looking good. The IT job market seems to be coming to life. The team congratulates Marianna Billington on her election to the Chair of itSMF IEB.
The Team Talk with the IT Skeptic – Reflections on 2011 and Predictions on 2012
· TIPU – a method for Continual Service Improvement from the IT Skeptic.
· How hard can it be run a decent IT organisation? Forbe’s magazine.
· Focus on tools alone is still a problem. Failing to plan and talk to others!
· IT Swami predictions for ITSM 2012 and beyond.
· There will be a new fad to replace social media that will be location related.
· Where is social on the hype cycle? IT Skeptic doing his best to kick it down the hill!
· Battle between ITIL and COBIT 5 will heat up this year.
· Current state of ITIL report for APMG.
· Service management is just a perspective on IT management. Do we drop the IT from ITSMF or drop the ‘S’?
· There will be an ‘Agile’ disaster this year.
· Euro currency will collapse and lead to new US banking crisis.
· Bring Your Own Devices.
· Rob’s magic wand would be to help folks bring about cultural change.
· Tristan stores his service management books in the liquor cabinet!
· Rob’s long-term prediction will be that IT will become the cops as we will be losing control. It will be all about governance and management of risk.
Booby(s) of the Month
· Forbe’s magazine.
The team will record Episode 15 on February 22 2012. This show will have special guest Andrew Sauter from Thinking Dimensions talking about all things Problem Management.
Suggestions for guests and podcast content to firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Ferris email@example.com
Simone Moore firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Friar email@example.com
Tristan Boot firstname.lastname@example.org