2012 the year in ITSM Review
What happens when a CIO, a Service Desk Manager and an Industry Junkie Chat Weekly?!
**News Gator: Updates from Tech**
- Chris’ Hue Lighting System
- CIO of Intel Kim Stevenson, Cory Doctorow and Gene Kim Shows
- TFT Conference – Speakers Defect because technology scares you.
- “If you are too afraid of the future, you shouldn’t be there”
- Hooper on TFT, the presentationDoing Twitter the Wrong Way, this advice coming from ITSM professionals?
- Debating Service Catalog on Twitter.
- Dancy’s Edicts on Social Media
- “Though leaders in ITSM who can’t comprehend how to use twitter, but all other tools are ON THE TABLE!”
- Tom Webster – brand savant
- Proving your idea on twitter vs sounding scientific
1. 3500 listens: July 17, 2012
Sophie's Choice and Ivanka's Asset - ITSM weekly the podcast (Episode 91) http://soundcloud.com/itsmweekly/itsmwp-episode-91
2. 3400 listens / 19K total Nov 2011
Gartner, Like A Boss! - ITSM Weekly The Podcast (Episode 73)
3. 2600 / 8K total: July 9, 2012
I Will Cut You, DevOps & Culture - ITSM weekly the podcast EPISODE 92
4. 1400 / 9K total: August 6, 2012
Illusions of Choice, Today's Enterprise of Tomorrow - ITSM weekly the podcast EPISODE 93
5. 1300 listens 5400 total: March 8, 2012
Don't Call It A Comeback - The Gartner ITSM Show - ITSM weekly the podcast EPISODE 84
6. 1200 / 7K total: June 5, 2012
Infinite monkey theorem - ITSM Weekly Episode 90
7. 1100 / 11K total: May 19, 2012
I'm in a K-Hole and all I hear is a powerful USERVOICE - ITSM weekly the podcast EPISODE 89
8. 237 / 9K total: March 20, 2012
Oh my, we touched a nerve. Salesforece Speaks - ITSM weekly the podcast EPISODE 85
9. 323 / 3100 total: May 5, 2012
Jumping through Hoops for IT Services - ITSM weekly the podcast EPISODE 88
10. 300 / 17K total: August 30, 2012
Sponsors of Tomorrows Enterprise, Intel CIO Kim Stevenson - ITSM weekly the podcast EPISODE 94
2012 STAT ITSM Weekly Podcast TOTAL LISTENS FROM AROUND THE WORLD FOR ALL ITSM PODCAST:
22K SoundCloud listens / Add in itunes/vimeo/downloads:
523,000 LISTENS in 2012.
2012 Thoughts and Reviews:
- Everything is collapsing., education, information trade shows.
- “Changing from professional organizations looking to digest content to a a community that shares content”
- itSMF Fusion Dallas LIVE review on YouTube
- A practitioner chimes in on 2012
- No one making into the Magic Quadrant is a marketing ploy
- “Watch the dollars, NOT THE CHANGE”
- No analyst will say, WHAT IS MOBILE, WHAT IS SOCIAL…COME ON!
- Two years ago when we called this movement, no one paid attention.
- This is Social IT (the blog) http://www.servicesphere.com/blog/2012/5/9/what-is-social-it.html
- This is Mobile IT (the blog) http://www.servicesphere.com/blog/2012/3/2/it-support-is-all-about-location.html
- The last time our industry had this much misinformation, we wrote ITIL ®
- MyIT from BMC the launch of a tool for the enterprise
- More tools bought at the system level.
- Dreamforce was the future of enterprise tool sets.
- If you have to act like Dora the Explorer to understand the business.
- “WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS WE ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT, WE DON’T NEED TO SIT WITH CUSTOMERS, WE NEED A MIRROR!”
- Rackspace, is the head of the pack as ITSM professionals.
- Intel CIO culture amazing, but the quest to be social, or seen as social, not happening as fast as they want.
- Organizations, can’t buy in marketing in dollars, what they can hire in an employee.
- Cult of the enterprise celebrity Presentation
- Does every company need to hire 100 Robert Scoble?
- Are we looking at mass technological unemployment?
- Silicon Trailer Park
- Highly employable because you can’t focus, or Highly employable because you can’t leave the old world behind?
- Thoughts on international Travel and Tradeshows
- Conferences need to change to focus on people’s requirements in todays world.
- itSMF OWES us, 6 years and 1 lead for vendors.
- Per marketing dollar spent, the ROI is so low, that it’s impossible to go.
- The value for vendors at conferences, is for customers of vendors to talk to each other, it’s THE USER GROUP for each vendor.
- ADDRESSABLE MARKET, 100 people at a show:
- 50 to support the show:
- 20 go because of their position
- 10 first timers and drunk
- 10 left who might take something home
- 7 have ADHD and are on their phone
- 3 ate too much and had no idea where they were
- 1 person left at a conference
- We need to GROW people at conference, if we DON’T GROW the customer.
- We need to focus on monetizing peoples attention.
- “Have you been shouting in your cave so long, that you only hear you’re own voice.”
- How to skip a file systems and email and still do work. http://www.slideshare.net/chrisdancy/social-it-realizing-the-dream-19902015
- Does membership need to go?
- Every day should be a conference, google hangouts, etc.
- Episode 88, we talk about ITSM.
- ITSM Weekly Rest of the World Show, ITSM Weekly Antipodean Show, ITSM Top of the world, Practitioner Radio
- Barclay Rae ITSM TV Predictions in 2011
- Mark believes employees are the new power base in 2013
Chris Dancy’s 2013 prediction:
- FrontRange Solutions sold or merged.
- Another ITSM vendor sold or merged
- Every vendor will have a heavy mobile tools
- No form based workflow in 1 vendor by end of year
- Absorb data collection in 1 ITSM tool
- Conferences will change, because of audience fact checking and new material.
- Analysts role will change because their business units keep them in little boxes
- Stephen Mann vs. Jarod Greene
- The year of the empowered knowledge worker, Authenticity, being a maker vs. assemblers.
- 2013 we are going to have to rely on EACH other more than ever, because the power brokers are going to lose their minds.
LIVE SHOW RECORDING