Oh my, we touched a nerve. The Salesforce Desk.com Interview
What happens when a CIO, a Service Desk Manager and an Industry Junkie Chat Weekly?!
Alex Bard, vice president and general manager of desk.com
Michael Peachey, director of Solutions Marketing for salesforce.com
Episode 85 Topics:
- Gartner ITSM Magic Quadrant 2012 Return
- The Social and Mobile additions to the Magic Quadrant
- SoLoMoCo (Social Location Mobile Cloud)
- Alex Bard, vice president and general manager of desk.com
- Michael Peachey, director of Solutions Marketing for salesforce.com
- BMC Numara announcement
- Desk.com announcement
- Assit.ly Salesforce Acquisition
- Desk.com entirely new product
- Mobile, Social at it's core, WITH SIMPLICITY
- "Everyone at a company has a role in support"
- "Customer support isn't a department, it's a philosophy"
- 85% use smart phones in their daily operations
- "You carry your social help desk in your pocket"
- “We went from "help desk" to "service desk" the "desk" was NEVER the problem.”
- “We are MOBILE, period.”
- "Mobility dramatically increases our expectation for service level"
- "Salesforce was born cloud, now we have been reborn social"
- “You have to be in the cloud to be social”
- Oracle World, the social platform
- Cloudforce 2012, 18K registered people
- Toyota Friend, the social network for your car
- Zuckerberg’s law
- cinnamon challenge
- “Customer Service and Marketing are sitting down at the table for the first time”
- “Questions in support, are usually guised innovation”
- Jim Collins, Good to Great
- From the 7 figure deal to the 4 figure deal, where is the stewardship in the sales process to right size a product
- Acquisitions and Legacy Vendors vs. Acquisitions and Cloud products
- Get Satisfaction
- Do you live in a bubble?
- Do we know too much about our users and will it CHANGE their behavior?
- Social Profile at the CENTER (see slide 25)