Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 8:47AM
ITSM isn’t Dead, it’s in a Persistent Vegetative State.
What happens when a CIO, a Service Desk Manager and an Industry Junkie Chat Weekly?!
Guest: Jarod Greene
Episode 84 Topics:
- Gartner Announces the Return of the Magic QuadrantThe Retirement of the ITSM Service Desk Magic Quadrant
- "IT Service Support Management" Magic Quadrant, is NOT the ITSM Service Desk Magic Quadrant
- How does Gartner define "Asset Management", Patricia Adams and Bill Snyder at Gartner
- Jeff Brooks, Gartner Analyst for ITSM
- The ITSM Inclusion Criteria Paper
- SOMOCO - Social Mobile Cloud
- NEW in the Inclusion Criteria has, Social and Mobile
- Is Garter now bleeding edge?
- This is WHERE the market is GOING, and Gartner wants to help GUIDE clients to WHAT they SHOULD be asking for!
- Solutions must be both ON and OFF premise
- What about governance and security for software location hosting?
- What would support look like if you Reinvented it from scratch?
- People always go back to OLD support models even when they have the chance to reinvent the wheel.
- Unsustainable support model
- Productivity vs. Reactive Service Desk
- Where does innovation coming from now a days?
- It's now up to the COLLECTIVE COMMUNITY to deliver some alterative options for the industry
- When an actual solution is there, I want the problem.
- Enterprise Klout? Influence / Reputation in ITSM metrics?
- Formalized IT Social Support?
- How do you measure users who help each other (e.g. Open Self Service, e.g. GetSatisfaction)
- Executive Support Desk?
- DataShift Announcement
- Sentiment Analysis
- The Goldmine of ITSM data that is UNCOLLECTED and MINED
- What would management metrics look like in 2001 on email?
- Is support relevant / or is it just measurable
- If a knowledge workers can be measured by algorithm it's possibly safer and less biased than humans with prejudices
- How Kindle shows crowd sourced relevance
- Chris York from Twitter, Timtim is no longer the important resource, attention is.
- Q3 the NEW quadrant WILL be released for ITSM
- Follow or discuss with Jarod Greene on Twitter
- The Rise of Industry Celebrity
- Stephen Mann, who is this person?
- ITSM Weekly Podcast (UK)
- How does the different analyst models of communication change from the each other?
- Followers per Tweet Metrics?
- Signal to Noise ratio is dependent on the PERSON
- Lil Wayne of Twitter