Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 4:00AM
2013, Year of the Robots – ITSM Weekly the Podcast EPISODE 102
What happens when a CIO, a Service Desk Manager and an Industry Junkie Chat Weekly?!
**News Gator: Updates from Tech**
- Episode 102 ‘2013: Year of the Robot’
- First show of 2013!
- CEOs & CIOs using term ‘consumerisation of IT’
- Kim Stevenson, guest in 2012, did it the right way – vending machines!
- ‘speaking the same language’ – not just an IT problem
- Devices – how many are you wearing right now?
- 2013 SIM National Conference, Boston
- Leadership of the Year Award – nominate a CIO
- Should you customise a tool?
- Customisation v configuration – there is a difference
- SAAS v hosted application – there is a difference
- Upgrades are always horrible
- PLAN PLAN PLAN
- Apple VIP bug – the workaround was ‘wait’!
- Quantam Charlie – improving Fusion conference
- The Pheonix Project by Gene Kim is out
- Who’s the better roommate?
- Prediction: internal scandal at a US Enterprise captured on camera
- firstworldproblems.biz – A new support model for IT?
- Social Media Dopplegangers – secure your children’s names!
- Year End Blogs: James Finister, Rob England, Mark Kawasaki, Jarred Green, Aprill Allen,
- Kirstie Magowan, ITSM University, Stephen Mann
- Coming up in US: Pink13 ,HDI
- Vendors coming back to Pink
- Dancy’s social media tips for vendors:
- 1. Don’t let anything tweet on your behalf
- 2.“I just uploaded a video to youtube called xxx via x" DON’T DO THAT!
- 2013 – year of the Robot!
- Bitter taste when you have to buy into an ecology
- Hooper is backing off – more difficult to stay on top of
- Facebook Poke – scary
- TFT13 – 15 submissions already. Paying speakers
- Google ITSM Weekly for more info on other podcasts
- Find Back2ITSM on Facebook
- Also a Google group doing spontaneous hangouts