Live from Pink13: Service Orchestration - Practitioner Radio Episode 39
Troy’s Thunder Bolt Tip of The Day: Have to understand the larger system of generating value
- Recorded in front of a live audience at Pink13
- PR - 19hours of audio!
- ‘Outcome Leasing’ is happening
- Need harmony between suppliers
- Even Enterprise Architecture is struggling
- Is information actually used?
- Essentials for an orchestra: 1 conductor 2 a common score
- Conductor must understand the full score
- Not everyone has to be involved in writing score
- Who is the conductor?
- Don’t blame the supplier when you haven’t got a common score
- Not likely to get this right first time
- Orchestras within orchestras but no-one wants responsibility for the entire picture
- Must be built for change
- Value Chain is another 'score'
- Operating model is the score at a Management Practice level
- SMO has to be broad thinking
- Systems thinking essential – everything is related to everything
- For most this is too challenging – stems from Industrial Revolution / task specialisation
- CMDB is different now – it’s a system diagram of relationships
- Number 1 issue is lack of systems thinking
- Fixing the bigger problem creates the value
- No-one is managing above the domain level
- Without a common score and conductor you won’t make music anyone wants to hear
- And the band played on…
- Troy’s Thunderbolt Tip of the Day: you have to understand the larger system of generating value