Friday, April 12, 2013 at 4:05AM
Has ITSM lost its mojo? ITSMPROW Episode 54 part 1
Hosts: James Finister, Barclay Rae
- James has lost his ITSM mojo – do you ever have those days..?
- Something to do with being half consultant, half practitioner – what should we be doing next?
- Are you making, or working in, a category mistake?
- Build links outwards, don’t build upwards within silos
- We’re doing all the right things but for some reason the parts aren’t adding up to the greater output
- Very difficult to get people to change how they think
- Future and present are colliding. We still want IT people to be IT people but at the same time we’re asking them to adopt a very new and different mindset to do with service management
- Where did all the analysts come from? Are they close enough to reality of working in the industry?
- Need good headlines for the articles which might be part of the problem of recognising the reality
- Hornbill new video
- For human insight see Peppa Pig
- There are efforts being made to make a new community & making things happen e.g. TFT, Shift
- A community is made up of individual people, it doesn’t really matter how or where we connect
- Important thing is that these conversations are getting out there - globally, instantaneously
- What messages do we want to put out there as priority? Doesn’t seem to be a consensus
- Conversation continues in Part 2…