O Brother, where art thou? ITSM Weekly Podcast Episode 108
Guest: Nate Beran, Network & Systems Analyst (brother of host Matt Beran)
- Two Beran brothers working in IT- who does the family turn to for IT support first?!
- What would you want your child to study in 12 years’ time?
- Podcast recommendation: Helvetica
- Everybody do the air quote!
- Those who bring the biggest value are those who consume from outside their field
- Varied / outside interests can help avoid the blinkered / closed-minded approach
- IT people needed to become more interdisciplinary
- Why do things internally? Understand the business adds value
- Apply what you know about the organisation and sector and employ technology to add value
- The new CIO needs to be innovative and creative
- To affect culture change you have to live it - influence from within and outside of your company
- Internal blogging as knowledge sharing. To be involved, to communicate
- For Nate it’s all about service – improving people’s lives, seeing the effects
- Social media offers chance to listen to and interact with people you wouldn’t normally meet
- Why don’t more practitioners participate /engage farther outside of their immediate bubble?
- Changing dynamic means those who want to can take advantage of these opportunities to engage
- Those who aren’t connected get a lot of their information from vendors
- Infrastructure is disappearing
- Check out Nate’s blog
THE LIVE SHOW